Thursday 18 April 2013

Welcome to Damai Beach in the state of Sarawak, Borneo, Malaysia

Seven hours and four buses later, here I am at Damai Beach.  I must say it is so wonderful to see the coast again, and even find cleanish water!!!  Everywhere is tropical jungle, green and breathtakingly beautiful.  Went on a jungle trek, over lots of tree roots and rocks, down a rope ladder, over logs, a suspension bridge and little creeks (just as well I got over those before it rained, because the water began to flow and it got very dark.  Luckily I was only 5 minutes out from the end)  Was pretty easy actually and didn’t take the two hours suggested, only one hour ten minutes for this grandma!!! And I stopped to take photos!!! 

Damai Beach Resort is a lovely place to stay ....

beachfront Damai Beach Resort

Sarawak coastine, Damai Beach

Top Pool at Damai Beach Resort

View from my Balcony

Suspension bridge on Jungle Trek Walk

Waterfall on Jungle Trek Walk

1 comment: