Thursday 25 April 2013

Touchdown at Phnom Penh, Cambodia



First impression .... what a fantastic airport!  Second impression .....  this city is more advanced and cleaner than I expected!  Loved being picked up in a tuktuk and driven around with people who knew where they were going.  Third impression ...... for $25 a night, what a great hotel, and that included breakfast!!! Definately 4 star!!!  While the impressions I gained from Phnom Penh were favourable, some of the true stories I heard weren’t, so I would be very wary travelling and staying in the city as a tourist by myself!!!  Stuff goes down you never even hear about!  
Then out of the city and into the country ....  now it is time to see the real Cambodia.

back yard of Peter and Yims

Next door

Neighbouring house

Outskirts of Village
Entrance to Buddhist Pagoda - picking up a  Monk to take back to village
Outskirts of Phnom Penh

No comments:

Post a Comment